Please refer to photo album on facebook for photo evidence to accompany post.
German/Austrian Reststops: Love ‘em! Must first deposit 70 euro cents into the machine so the turnstile will let you pass. The restroom is sparkling clean especially the stalls. The toilet seat rotates around under a disinfectant washer. It’s awesome!! You can then use your bathroom ticket for a 50 euro cent coupon in the gas station.
The TGV train from Paris to Stuttgart: Had pink toilet paper and heated seats!!
Damn bathroom in Parisian cafe near the Notre Dame: Of course I end up at this bathroom during my one cranky spell on the trip! The bathroom was down in the basement, after curving stairs I was worried about slipping down due to my accident prone nature. I went all the went down to the bathroom and was locked out. Went back upstairs to get my coin purse form my jacket only to find, once I was back downstairs of course, that the door only accepted 50 euro cent pieces of which I had none. Argh! Back upstairs to get the correct change only to find a dish of bathroom coins sitting on the bar counter for café patrons! I swear I didn’t wet my pants during this whole ordeal! Oh, but once I was able to get in the bathroom, it was really cute- covered flower tiles.
Beday: Hmmm, still have to figure this one out. Will have to practice at home before using public bedays. Yikes!
Fancy French steak restaurant: Pat came back from the bathroom saying I had to check this one out- his had a Zen Garden in it! So off I went. Again, downstairs but not in a basement. No Zen Garden in the women’s restaurant but a delicate glass bowl for a sink and a couple pretty Zen-like plants. The tiles were black with a modern white flower pattern. But the best part- the hand dryer! High tech baby with a pretty blue backlight! It was like a Dyson- you place your hands in it rather than under it and then the digital countdown begin! See facebook for pictures :)
Saarbrucken train station: Thank God for all those SoCo Crossfit squats Erin!! This toilet didn’t have even have a toilet seat! Gross! But I can now proudly squat in the bathroom without having to put paper down on the toilet seat (or lack thereof) or hold on to the stall walls/handles/tp holder! AND it cost 50 Euro cent!!
Btw, my bathroom obsession started in Napa Valley at Thomas Keller’s Bouchon restaurant and Girard’s Winery. Both have beautiful and unique bathrooms. Bouchon- red with a long trough-like spigot into a smooth flat angled sink; Girard’s with a pretty bowl and aerial map of Yountville as wallpaper (again- see facebook for pictures)
-01.14.11 Note to self- not enough hot water to shave legs and wash hair on same day.

You are in Europe now Katie,you don't need to shave your arm pits & legs now,sorry Pat.
ReplyDelete